Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey the new rat i just got was brought up having a water bowl. I use bottles. What is the best way to make the transistion ? Have both ? Or just the bottle ??

My other girls pee in the water bowls lol i have to changes them every couple of hourse

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
well, put a bottle and a bowl in the cage, i always squeeze the botlle to let a few droplets out (especially fun when the rats are standing under the bottle, mwa ha ha ha) so maybe you could do that to give them an idea?or put the bowl right beside the bottle, so when they go to get a drink they can investigate then eventually drop the bowl

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i had to do the same thing with my new boys. because monkey & sherbet had never learnt to use a bottle, the previous person didnt bother trying with stumpy, sproccy and spritely. i put a bottle in both cages and left the bowls. as soon as i noticed that the three brothers could drink from the bottle, i removed the bowl. monkey is the only one i havent seen using the bottle, so that cage will have both bowl and bottle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts