Rat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
is she a PEW? They tend to have bad eye sight and weave back and forth to compensate

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I've seen one of my dark eyed ratties do it on occasion. I forget what member said this but I remember reading it's more prominent with nervous rats.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Good sight or poor sight the swaying is just the rats way of judging distance, moving the head from side to side causes the objects that are further away to sway more from side to side & the objects closest to them don't move as much as they move head from left to right.

·
Registered
71 Posts
A1APassion said:
Good sight or poor sight the swaying is just the rats way of judging distance, moving the head from side to side causes the objects that are further away to sway more from side to side & the objects closest to them don't move as much as they move head from left to right.
you got that backwards actually.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sojuuk said:
A1APassion said:
you got that backwards actually.
I noticed that too (I tried it :oops: ) objects closer to the person/rat move more, objects farther away move less

·
Registered
137 Posts
Incidentally, astronomers use the same fact to measure the distance to stars and planets and such.. Something neat to think of when you watch them swaying.

If I ever get a PEW, I'm so naming him Galileo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a rabbit with red eyes and she does that all the time, too. I've even noticed it with my new PEW, Hermia. I've had her for just a few days and she already does that quite a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts