Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I seem to have forgotten to post of his passing. But I found the details in Wordpad.

Mr. Hood, a champagne hooded, was cool and dead in the cage this morning; he went overnight peacefully. Eves closed, stretched out, very slight blood from nose. Just like when he was alive. Geese honking overhead. Later, one sole black bird winging across the sky. The brown bunny came close to the sill where Mr. Hood was laying and hopped across the lawn toward the burial tree. First time I've seen it out this early in about a year. Back to window about 2' away, ears up - like Hood's still are. Mourning dove cooing. Same looking rat on the April calendar. Despite problems at the end, sometimes being bloody and stinky, his ears especially look so clean and cute. So completely clean at the time of death. Now Mr. Hood is Honorary 2 1/2 (actually 2 years, 5 1/2 months). First one to die in 8 years that wasn't in Winter; can't stand to put him outside in the day for the bugs and cats. After laying him down there at 6pm sharp and sitting on the porch another black bird flew across the sky, sounding like it was calling Mr. Hood - Mr. Hood.

He taught the new rats how to be rats. The 3 new young ones had been next to his cage overnight but separated. The next morning two of them were missing and after a search both were snuggled to his side. That was how "Bromance" got his name; he never wanted to leave good Mr Hood's side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts