Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very much a newcomer to rats, rat forums and typing in general. First, allow me to introduce my babies: Topaz, Pickles, Mulberry and Mrs. Dash. I did have a 5th baby named Spot, but sadly she is no longer with us.

Spot, Topaz and Pickles came from a home where they were not looked after properly, were fed gerbil food and cheerios as their only source of food and lived in a large aquarium tank. They didn't even have names! When I heard that the owner ( a former friend of mine) was going to give them up for snake food I had to take them off her hands. So, once home I gave their tank a good cleaning, bathed my new triumvirat with kitty wipes and started them on a good healthy diet. Two days later saw them in a nice new ferret cage with a 12" SilentSpinner wheel, water bottle and bars on which to climb! Sadly though, Spot started to waste away despite our best efforts to keep her healthy. We still don't know what she suffered from but she did go peacefully in her sleep. After only 8 weeks of good food and lots of pettin's, Pickles and Topaz became a lot more responsive to human interaction and have bonded very well with each other. However, Topaz may soon have to join spot as she's been diagnosed with a tumor in her abdomen. A trip to the vet this Friday will tell us what we need to know.

It's not all doom and gloom though! We were very saddened at the loss of Spot and searched around for a reputable rat breeder/shelter to give new babies a home! After much searching we found a rescue shelter about an hour from us. We set up an appointment and interview and after much paws and deliberation we adopted Mulberry and Mrs. Dash. All four babies get on famously! Introductions were anticipated to be a headache but there were no problems or any viscious outbreaks.

Where do we live? We all live in a little town called Wyandotte, just downriver from Detroit, MI. Just as soon as our owner gets his camera fixed, he can take pics of us and post them up in here!

Nice to be part of the group! *bruxbruxbrux*

·
Registered
814 Posts
welcome welcome :D Hope you enjoy the forums :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts