Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice, i purchased a further 2 baby ratties the other day who are 8 weeks old, when i got them home they were doing a lot of sneezing and they keep sort of wheezing but they look healthy and they have no discharge from there eyes or nose but the noise is quite loud from both of them. I am a little worried because they are constantly doing it and i'm trying to keep them warm and am also hoping it will go on its own.
Has anyone else experienced this and what is your advice? Should i take them to a vet?

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
lady_chilli said:
I need some advice, i purchased a further 2 baby ratties the other day who are 8 weeks old, when i got them home they were doing a lot of sneezing and they keep sort of wheezing but they look healthy and they have no discharge from there eyes or nose but the noise is quite loud from both of them. I am a little worried because they are constantly doing it and i'm trying to keep them warm and am also hoping it will go on its own.
Has anyone else experienced this and what is your advice? Should i take them to a vet?
New home sneezies are one thing, but wheezing is different. What bedding do you have them on?

I would take them to the vet, because it does sound like they may be developing a URI. If its just one symptom like sneezing you don't have to worry, but add a secondary (wheezing) then its vet time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts