Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02/30/21-09/20/22

Daph got sick and I had taken her to the vet. I was told it sounded like pneumonia and to save money he wouldn’t do an x-ray. Everyday I wish I’d done that x-ray so I knew how much time I had left with her. Daphne was refusing food and started dropping weight fast. We had to force feed her. I took her to the vet 2 more times.She was even taken off the meds because her lungs sounded better. This week her health dropped again.She wouldn’t even swallow food we had to force feed her. I took her to the vet again. Almost immediately they felt a tumor. All this time Daphne had a j shaped tumor in her stomach. The cancer had made its way to her lungs. That was her “pneumonia”. We put her down during that visit. All she wanted to do was get in my hoodie one last time but couldn’t make it. She collapsed on my chest and died shortly after.
This all happened within a month. She was a healthy happy little rat. She would have been with us longer. She was the sweetest little baby. I wish she could have had more berries towards the end of her life. She deserved to have mad so much more.

I love you Daphne <3
Snout Rodent Font Terrestrial animal Art

Flooring Grey Floor Rodent Terrestrial animal

Comfort Fawn Working animal Liver Terrestrial animal

Mesh Wood Gas Electric blue Glass

Vertebrate Terrestrial animal Tail Snout Automotive wheel system

Snout Rodent Font Terrestrial animal Art

Hand Rodent meadow jumping mouse Curtain Rat

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Daphne is a beautiful little soul and sweetness radiates from her. I understand the depth of your sorrow. Please believe me when I tell you your separation is temporary, your love is eternal. Comfort and strength coming to you.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
What a special little soul she is,and so beautiful too,and you captured an elusive Ratty Yawn!Its so so tough when they are taken so suddenly and still so young,we all share your grief and you have Our full support and understanding.You never stop missing them,but the pain will ease,I promise you.......💐🐭💕

1 - 4 of 4 Posts