Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so 1.) Im new to site.
and 2.) My baby wont eat!!! So to explain better, I already currently have 2 girls (Princess and Nihm) and they are about 1 years old. They are not from the same litter do to the fact i bought Princess and was told they need a partner to bond with and quickly ran out and got her a sister, Nihm. But they dont fight or anything because they where both 4 weeks when i got them. (Yes, I know thats young.) They bonded quite well and are insepreable. So I was at the pet shop grabbing some stuff for the girls and saw the snakes and went to go look cause snakes are always cool to look at. And I saw the woman who worked there and was feeding the snakes and she was gunna feed one of the snakes the last baby ratty and i asked to have the rat, at first she said no cause it was a feeder rat and she had fancy rats i could look at but i begged her for the little one! Then the woman gave in and gave me the ratty. I named her Sugar and brought her home cause her coat colour remindes me of lump of brown sugar. But I will get to the point, Sugar is about two and a half inches big so about 4-5 weeks her eyes are open and she is fully covered in hair. But she just wont eat. I havent scene her drink any water and the only food i have gotten her to eat was the inside of a french fry and thats it. I have no idea what to do! She isnt in the big cage with the girls she has her own...

Can someone pls tell me what to do its been 3 days....

·
Registered
425 Posts
You can get some soy baby formula, nutrical, baby food... Also keep trying different foods with her. Is it possible that she is eating when you aren't around? One of my rats was very nervous and wouldn't eat when I was around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts