Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as most of you know ive had a few problems with my rooby dooby and the other week he had a stroke :( luckly hes fully recoverd although one side isnt as useful as the other now but vets sed hes fine... my problem now is that (hes eating As normal now) but hes lost a heck of a lot ov weight so how do i fatten my ratty up?!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
you can use a high calorie supplement found in pet stores

just a small amount considering the suggested portion is like 1/2 a teaspoon per one pound

be sure to offer some additional fresh food such as boiled egg

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Babyfood - always a good addition to my rats diet after they are sick and have lost weight. Not to be fed long-term, but fill up a small food dish and let them pick at it for around a week (but change it regularily)

I've been given 'Recovery Food' for cats/dogs before by my vets to use if grossly overweight. They say you can buy it in petshops - but I've only had to use it once when it was supplied by my vet. Maybe you should ask your vet? Beware though - it smells baaaad!

Babyfood is what I use though, they love the Stage 3 stuff - Spag bol all the way!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well hes been to the vets and may have a tumour in his neck (inside) the vet said he could get a diognosis but then we would have no rat but he seems to be ok still eating and drinking so are keeping our hopes high. he was weezing a few mins ago but as soon as i picked him up he stoped and it looked like he was smiling at me sayin all i wanted was attention! cheeky so n so lol! but back to making him fat! how much of a boiled egg? the whole thing or just the white or just the yolk??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts