Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what happened. I came home from a thanksgiving dinner and I reached to get their food but only one came running. I asked Leao where his brother was but no one else came. I peaked inside and Bandit had managed to squish himself in between the wooded house and the back of the cage.

They had been fighting a lot recently over food but my partner said there weren't signs of cuts or blood. I've only had him since September and the pet store said he was 5 or 6 months. He went to the vet for a UTI just after getting him and they cleared him to come home.

I'm sad and don't know what to do about a friend for my other guy. I miss my bandit and his happy Mischievous ways...

·
Registered
896 Posts
So sorry to hear that, such a sudden loss is horrible, poor little guy. Squabbling over food is totally normal and the general rule is, no blood, no foul, they probably weren't properly hurting each other. Give your other little guy lots of attention for now, you'll help each other grieve, and when you're ready you can think about getting a friend for him (sooner rather than later is of course better, in my experience the younger they are the better they click with new friends.) I'm sure there are lots of threads on here about introducing rats to each other if you need help. I still miss all the wee quirks of my rats that have passed, but new rats bring new quirks for us to love. :) Take care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts