Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had many pets in my life. Had some cats/dogs/hamsters/mice/bearded dragons and none of them came or comes close to my love for my rats. I have 3 of them....correction....2 now. Yesterday, at exactly 08h10, Mouse passed away. Had him for just over 3 years. Looked well after him, and he lived a good life. Cried my eyes out.......yesterday and today.....He died in my arms. He was sick the last few days....mostly because he was so old :( :(

He first started eating less. Then.....strangely, he became much much more loving. He knew something was wrong. He did not want to go to his cage at night, so he started sleeping by us. You could see he knew his time was short....and almost as if he wanted to live the last few weeks to the fullest. Strange, but it is just what I noticed.

Well, I just wanted to share this with everyone. Ratties are the best!!!! Only problem is they are with us for only a short time.

R.I.P my dear dear dear Mouse.

This is a video link of his best friend (besides me) Mickey http://youtu.be/0glU4DgPh4I

·
Registered
499 Posts
RIP Mouse - Sorry for your loss :(

It's such a shame that one of the greatest pets only live for a few years. It really is heart breaking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too am sorry for your loss, I lost a mated pair last thanksgiving both in my arms within days... and it happened about the same way. my feeling was that they were preparing ME for their time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts