Rat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a question I've asked myself over and over again in the past. Does anyone else or has anyone else ever owned a bi-polar rat? I've had V for over two years now. He and his twin sister Evy came to me in a box two years ago while I was working at my last job. He has always had some weird habits, and he never gets along with anyone except me because I can spot his attitudes. He's a hairless boy with poor vision, and he seems to be one rat one day and another rat the next day. On some days he will be super cuddly and want treats, and other days he'll be hand phobic and he will not want to be touched. He gets super excited over the weirdest things, like a freshly vaccumed carpet, my boyfriends shorts, and sweaters during the winter. He'll pick fights with others in the cage when he's having a moody day, which is why it's super hard to introduce new rats. It's the reason why I hold off on adding new rats. He'll demand attention some days and push everyone else off my lap just so he can get cuddles, but five minutes later he'll become phobic towards any hand touching. It's always fun guessing what rat he'll be when I wake up in the morning. He's such a strange boy with his multiple personalities. Even though he has trouble getting along with others on some days I would not trade him for the world. When I have people over they never really get to see him because he doesn't like other people very much. Does anyone else have a rat like this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts