Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Well, right now I have two female rats and one male. I was trying to find another male companion for my boy, but I was just thinking that I might get him neutered and intro. to my females. Is that a good Idea? Do oppisite sex pairs get along well when one is fixed? I might also get another little girl.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Neutering is a very good idea! Mixed sexes (providing they are neutered) get along really well. It'll also make him mellow out more as he'll be rid of all those male hormones that might make him narky sometimes :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Mixed colonies are fabulous. My girls loved having Tsume around, I mean, what's better than a pound and a half of squishy man rat to sleep on?

Spaying is a wonderful idea for your girls, but in some cases is cost prohibitive. If you can afford it you should spay your girls over neutering your boy, as spaying decreases the chances of mammary tumors later in life.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the advise you guys! I called the vet to find out prices and they are going to call me back. DEPENDING on the prices I am probably for sure getting my boy neutered, and possibly getting my girls spayed. Thanks again!
-Leah

1 - 5 of 5 Posts