Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ahahah! Yes, but you win over everyone else at pet ownership in general ;P

Mine pales in comparison ;P When I'm ready for rats again I'm so getting that cage.

·
Registered
814 Posts
holy crap!!!! those are some spoiled rats!!! theres one other member on here that has some killer homes that might give u a run for your money. I'm in no condition to take you on right now lol.

·
Registered
928 Posts
wow *steals cage* one thing tho how do u clean it out do u just wash the blankets? also dont your rats chew all the blankets? i got roobs a hammock and within 20mins it was nolonget a hammock it was a blanket lol

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have tons and tons of towels/hammocks/blankets, so the fact that they sometimes chew them doesn't bother me.

As for cleaning, I take out all the fabric/cloth/towel stuff, shake it out, and put it in the wash. Then I spray the cage down with a cleaning solution and just wipe it dry. I do that every other day.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure, the towels and stuff soak up the pee, but it doesn't smell at all. Maybe if I let the cage for for something like a week or more it'd start smelling, but I'm a clean freak. I find that using cloth/fabric instead of store-bought bedding actually makes for a MUCH nicer smelling cage :)

It doesn't really cost a lot to do that much rat laundry. I don't really think about it at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yay, someone else who enjoys laundry! Ever since my mom taught me how to do laundry *cough*two months ago*cough* I do it everyday. I get clean hammocks and my favorite t shirts are never dirty.

-Caty

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no idea why I love doing laundry so much, but I do :D I'm always going around trying to collect enough for a load. I think it just amuses me since I put something dirty in, and an hour and a half later, it's all dry and clean! I'm easily amused.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love when the laundry is all warm, I always make sure my ratties have a fresh warm hammock out of the dryer. They always get upset when the hammock gets cold again though.

-Caty

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine go nuts when I give them all warm hammocks and towels from the dryer, especially during winter. They all pile into it like this:

·
Registered
11 Posts
...and I thought I was the only "weird laundry lover" :D

fallinstar, before I started using linens instead of "bedding".. there was always a faint smell. Now, I'm using towel liners and all linens.. except for the YN in the actual potty boxes.. I never have even the faintest smells in the rattie room.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just remember... the towels you choose to use will be "rattie renovated" forever ;) I buy special towels just for my gang and have to replace them about every 3-6 months, depending on who chewed what... girls being more "busy" than my boys :roll:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts