Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ahahah! Yes, but you win over everyone else at pet ownership in general ;P

Mine pales in comparison ;P When I'm ready for rats again I'm so getting that cage.

·
Registered
814 Posts
holy crap!!!! those are some spoiled rats!!! theres one other member on here that has some killer homes that might give u a run for your money. I'm in no condition to take you on right now lol.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You must tell me of this person so I can see their setup :p

·
Registered
928 Posts
wow *steals cage* one thing tho how do u clean it out do u just wash the blankets? also dont your rats chew all the blankets? i got roobs a hammock and within 20mins it was nolonget a hammock it was a blanket lol

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have tons and tons of towels/hammocks/blankets, so the fact that they sometimes chew them doesn't bother me.

As for cleaning, I take out all the fabric/cloth/towel stuff, shake it out, and put it in the wash. Then I spray the cage down with a cleaning solution and just wipe it dry. I do that every other day.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, my cage never smells. Why would it?

I like doing laundry, also.

·
Registered
928 Posts
because the blankets would soake up the wee and hold it wear as cat litter and other things absorb it doesnt it cost alot to do that much washing?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure, the towels and stuff soak up the pee, but it doesn't smell at all. Maybe if I let the cage for for something like a week or more it'd start smelling, but I'm a clean freak. I find that using cloth/fabric instead of store-bought bedding actually makes for a MUCH nicer smelling cage :)

It doesn't really cost a lot to do that much rat laundry. I don't really think about it at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yay, someone else who enjoys laundry! Ever since my mom taught me how to do laundry *cough*two months ago*cough* I do it everyday. I get clean hammocks and my favorite t shirts are never dirty.

-Caty

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no idea why I love doing laundry so much, but I do :D I'm always going around trying to collect enough for a load. I think it just amuses me since I put something dirty in, and an hour and a half later, it's all dry and clean! I'm easily amused.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love when the laundry is all warm, I always make sure my ratties have a fresh warm hammock out of the dryer. They always get upset when the hammock gets cold again though.

-Caty

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine go nuts when I give them all warm hammocks and towels from the dryer, especially during winter. They all pile into it like this:

·
Registered
11 Posts
...and I thought I was the only "weird laundry lover" :D

fallinstar, before I started using linens instead of "bedding".. there was always a faint smell. Now, I'm using towel liners and all linens.. except for the YN in the actual potty boxes.. I never have even the faintest smells in the rattie room.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just remember... the towels you choose to use will be "rattie renovated" forever ;) I buy special towels just for my gang and have to replace them about every 3-6 months, depending on who chewed what... girls being more "busy" than my boys :roll:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts