Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2 Rats, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 6 chickens.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents took my dogs to the vet because one dog has joint pain (he鈥檚 11 and a mastiff so he鈥檚 lived 3 years past expectations) and the other dog has a small lump on her hip. The dog with the hip lump is Lexi and the vet identified the lump as cancerous. Her surgery to remove it is on May 27th (day after my birthday and day of my birthday party sleepover cuz of course a lot has to happen in two days) if the surgery removes all cancerous cells then she will have to heal but be fine but if it can鈥檛 it will shorten her life expectancy. I鈥檝e had her for as long as I can remember. Doing quick math me and my family first adopted her when she was 3 and now she鈥檚 11. I鈥檓 turning 13 on the 26th so since I was 5 because 11-3=8 so she鈥檚 been with us 8 years then 13-8=5 so I鈥檓 turning 13-8 years she鈥檚 been with us =5 a s the age I was when we adopted her. Anyway I hope the vet can remove all the cancerous cells. The house would be to quiet without her. I鈥檒l update on the 27th when she has her surgery.

Registered
Oh no! I hope all goes well. Please don't let this ruin your Birthday, but also you don't need to pretend to be happy.

Reactions: SonicRat

Registered
Oliver Bean, Phyllis, Waffle, Taco, Atlas, Cirrus, Orion
Good luck on the surgery, cancer sucks. I've been through it with humans and dogs. It sucks big time. But, sometimes we are blessed with little successes, and we buy some more time with our loved ones 馃挀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the support. I鈥檓 pretty sure Lexi is secretly invincible. Her favorite food is chocolate. We try to prevent her eating it but she once got into an entire box of Hershey鈥檚 coco powder (you know the most lethal type of chocolate to dogs) and was sick for a day and is now fine. She鈥檚 also ate an entire bottle of medication that my mom uses for her many health complications. She鈥檚 fine now other then the cancer. I have full belief she will be fine because she鈥檚 secretly invincible lol. Fingers crossed 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How is she 馃ズ
She鈥檚 doing well so far. She sometimes picks at the lump but she only started this right after the vet appointment where it was identified as cancerous. 1.5 weeks until her surgery. I鈥檒l update this thread but I鈥檒l also make another post afterwards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts