Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beautiful Cindy Lou Who crossed the rainbow bridge at six minuets past midnight. I held her, and her sister Harper was beside her. Cindy was the definition of sweet. Even when her hind legs began to fail and with a tumor on her side, inoperable because of her age, she ALWAYS climbed the cage bars to greet me. I found her cold and listless, and held her against me. She snuggled against my chest, and passed peacefully after being held a long time.
She was a ratty ambassador, and my first choice of which rat to show everyone when they wanted to know what pet rats are like. Her old vet at Sheboygan said she'd never seen such an affectionate rat, and she was a general favorite with everyone who knew my mischief. She loved being in my sleeve, and I think if she could have chosen, this would be how she'd have wanted to go.
There's a native American tradition of never saying goodbye unless you believe you'll never see that person again. so they always say "later." Later, my Cindy Lou, until we meet again.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like she was truly amazing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts