Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit: So, I wanna know how old my girlies are. Me have a pic at the bottom, with Zita (I THINK) by the ruler. We took turns taking them out to get pictures, and I'm confused as to which picture has who anymore (gah! They're both albino!), and I THINK I see a little bit of the kink in her tail... Or else it's just Mimzy's, curled funny.

original: Okay, so almost every close-up picture I got (even the far away ones) ended up either too bright, too dark, or too blurry. I'll try to get the least-messed up ones here!

I believe this is the name-less rattie, the one that's a bit bigger. She's got a kink in her tail, which is the easiest way to tell them apart. She's on my tummy in this pic.

Here they are, looking so tiny in the cage... It's rather boring right now, but I plan to fix that tomorrow when I go to get the staple part of the Suebee's mix. Maybe some parrot toys and a tennis ball on a rope XP (How ever much I can afford+money parents put in).

Here's a better pic, but again, kind of shiny. Of course, Mimzy's the one on the wheel, the name-less baby likes to explore more than Mimzy so she's always hovering by the door when I open it.

pps-Yes, my room has PINK flowers in it >> But it took my mom a long time to do, and I like the washed-out looking yellow (yay for wood stain on walls), so I kept it for awhile. On the left of the last pic is the door to the porch I was talking about... Right next to my REAL door.

I'll post better ones when I get 'em!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Re: My first girls! WOO!

aww.. cute

ps i love your cage! where did u get it?
pps: its not safe to post your face (or your moms) on the internet... tsk tsk

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

For toys, how about some homemade toys instead? A yard of cheap fun colored fabrics, cut into double layer squares, and some safety pins and you have hammocks.

An old shoelace tied to a treat or a (clean or fake) feather and that can be tied up...

Check dollar stores, if you can... cheap cat toys are good too! :D

·
Registered
407 Posts

my crews favorite toys are toilet paper rolls that I put something inside of (a treat or a wood chewie) and fold over to close up - they LOVE LOVE LOVE shredding it to get to the inside! Paper bags go a LONG way - they LOVE those - and a box of kleenex - they go bonkers!

also petco is having a monster sale right now - I got lots of wood chewies and other toys for 50 cents a package (usually 4.99 or so)

Another thing they love. I took an old pillow case and cut it in half. then I took 1 half and some safety pins and made a 'tube-y type' hammock. They go wild running around in that then sleeping. Also, a trip to home depot or walmart and 3 bucks for a length of dryer tubing makes for HOURS of fun!

·
Registered
59 Posts

i have that same cage :)
i have ktity toys everywhere and feathers and what not...they love silly things :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

XP Thanks.

Demesion of the cage is 30x18x30, which is a big improvement from what I was GOING to use.

Dad's going to see what cardboard boxes he can bring home from work, and what ever I don't use for toys, I shall make a mini-fort!

There's ONE hammock at the tippy top of the cage, except since they still seem to be in night-mode they spend half the day in the back corner of the cage, untill I reach my hand inside. They're a little scared of the hammock right now.

I got the cage at one Petsmart. They had a load of different cages than the Petsmart by my house, which made me mad XD

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

I've seen that cage. It's a good cage for a super pet cage! And it's actually made large enough and small enough bar spacing for rats. AND it has a PAIR of rats pictured on the box! How cool is that?!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I KNOW! I freaked out when I saw it, because it was PERFECT. The only things I had seen like it were online, which mum and dad probably wouldn't do unless I bugged them enough (and they don't really like that).

Just got home from school, waiting for mum and little brother to get here so we can get the other half of the Suebee's mix. Hope it's not expensive-like o_o;

Haha, it turns out I DON'T have to pay for everything, do I? Dad paid the for all the of grain mix stuff, since I vaccumed out his little car (he's got leather seats. And it's this tiny little sports car, super easy. Yeah, he's going through his midlife crisis XD). So, since I don't really get an allowence, I'm guessing favors/chores count as money!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Yus. I believe it's official-Zita!

She's a really minor character from Invader Zim, which I happen to be obsessed with (and have been, for the past four years).

<--- Zita!

They're doing great! Mom and Tommy (older brother, 19) were playing with them while I was at school, and I played with them for about a total of an hour AFTER school. WOO!

·
Registered
45 Posts

:O
Invader Zim is like the coolest old school Nickolden show out there.
My sister, brother, and I all bought the DVD set together but my brother and I let her keep it.

It's an awesome show.

Her name on most websites is Gaz.
xD

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

That's what I'm trying to figure out D= The people at Petco wouldn't tell me. They were labeled as "small", though. Here's a picture of, what I believe, is Zita. Although I don't know anymore, we took so many pictures @[email protected]

Does anybody know how old she is?

·
Registered
407 Posts

I am not good at determining age at all, but I just had to say what a CUTIE she is!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

XD Thanks.

It's a "Deluxe My First Home for exotics". $100, but great cage. Comes wiff wheel and hammock ^-^ Not that my girls USE the hammock...

·
Registered
527 Posts
rawr..it's so frustrating not knowing how old your pets are!
**** pet stores, they never know anything. D:<
even though i have no idea how old my OWN rats are, i'll venture a guess for yours and say 5-6 weeks??
they're soooo cute. especially zita in that last pic.<33
my mom is scared of albinos, so i couldn't get one and thus ended up getting two hoodeds. which i love, but y'know. ;D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Am I the only one that feels iffy about wire wheels like that, especially ones with exposed axle? They are good for mice but even mice can get their tails chewed up in those things. Rat's tails are nowhere near as flexible as mice... so it is just not something you should take lightly, the safety of their tails.

Honestly, I would nix the wheel and add some of your own fun safe little things for them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts