Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was supposed to be a feeder. She was next in line for the snakes at the pet store. :(

This is her second day home and shes already used to me for he most part. She just stis there and chills on my shoulder. Shes a little camera shy tho .

She doesnt have a name yet, I was thinking Daisi, or Teagen. I guess i have to get to know her a little more :]

Does anyone know what kind she is? I dont know anything about types of rats, shes greyish black.

Idk if somthings wrong with her or whats going on, but she breaths hard and heavy even when shes just chillin. Are they supposed to do that?
She also makes really weird noises when i let her walk around, its hard to explain, like tiny monkey sounds. its reallly weird.

anyway, here she is :]

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sounds like she could have a respiratory Disorder
(its common in rats)

Mycoplasmosis

shes a cutie though!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yeah, feeders are kept in bad conditions. I would get her to the vet fast to clear up that problem as soon as possible. New home sneezes are one thing but breathing hard is something that needs to be dealt with as fast as you can :)

She is gorgeous. Looks like a black self to me. Some are a little more faded than others.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Aww, she's so cute!
I love black ratties.

She looks like a hamster in the second picture :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts