Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She was supposed to be a feeder. She was next in line for the snakes at the pet store. :(

This is her second day home and shes already used to me for he most part. She just stis there and chills on my shoulder. Shes a little camera shy tho .

She doesnt have a name yet, I was thinking Daisi, or Teagen. I guess i have to get to know her a little more :]

Does anyone know what kind she is? I dont know anything about types of rats, shes greyish black.

Idk if somthings wrong with her or whats going on, but she breaths hard and heavy even when shes just chillin. Are they supposed to do that?
She also makes really weird noises when i let her walk around, its hard to explain, like tiny monkey sounds. its reallly weird.

anyway, here she is :]

·
Registered
443 Posts
Aww, what a cute baby! She looks like my girl, Saki (black Berkshire.)

What sort of bedding do you have her on? It could be contributing to her breathing problems. Rats have really sensitive respiratory systems, wheezing/heavy breathing is not good. I think a vet visit and some antibiotics would be wise.

Also, you should look into getting her a friend. Rats are extremely social, they really, really need the companionship of other rats.

Good luck with your baby! :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Newspaper, and this cotton candy looking cotton bedding. Its for rats and mice and things. they had some kind of wood chips in the tank she was in at the petstore. im pretty sure it was one of the kinds they arent supposed to be in. I have some medicine for her i put in her water.

I think once she gets used to everything at her new home, ill get her a sister :]

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i've heard that cotton isnt good, try switching to aspen (no pine or cedar!!) or yesterdays news, carefresh, or fleece. she is cute

·
Registered
155 Posts
try yesterday's news it maybe a cat litter but my vet recommended it. just go to the cat isle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts