Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oscar & Xavier Cuddling.jpg Oscar & Xavier kitchen chair.jpg

I thought it might be nice to make an introduction for these two lovelies, who I rescued from a shelter only two days ago. These boys were at the shelter for two whole months before I found their listing online because they were constantly put in quarantine for nipping any little children fingers that happened to find their way into their cage (despite a sign asking visitors to refrain from this practice). Formerly called Pinky & the Brain, these two were surrendered because they didn't get along with their owner's children - probably the hand-nipping thing again. They've not nipped me yet, so they must just need a quiet home without squeezy, grabby kid hands. So far they're quite skittish, but I've been bribing them with lots of treats and pets when I can get away with it so I'm sure they'll come around eventually. According to their adoption papers today is their first birthday, and I'm glad they could find a home for such a big landmark! I hope the members of the rat forum can help me out with my first shelter rats as well as they did with my first ever rat pack.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Such good lookers :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! They are very handsome; I was surprised to find a Rex rat up for adoption! I've never seen one in a pet store and I assumed most breeders would take their rats back if they needed to be re-homed. Lucky me!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! :) They've settled in quite nicely. Incredibly spoiled for free-ranging time since I'm currently only taking online classes during the summer and little food thieves to boot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts