Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About how old do your rats have to be before they're big enough to not squirm out of it? Because my girls are 6-8 months old each, and Zero and Lola (who are sisters) can't stick their WHOLE head out, but Charlotte, who I got later, can.

Actually, I take that back. They can all get their whole heads out in the corners, where it looks like the openings are bigger.

The boys are all much younger, so there's no doubt that they'll be able to get their whole heads out.....and it's true that if they can get their heads out, they can get their whole bodies out, right?

I know hardware cloth is an option, but I'm broke till payday on the 1st. Anyone have any other ideas?

Also, any clue how to get the floors level? they're in at quite the angle....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Angle? All my floors are straight. Are yours in the holes all the way around?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You could possibly zip tie or tie up with string parts of your old cage so that the bars have less spaceing because of the parts of the old cage tied to it perhaps? I know it doesn't sound pretty, but it will help until you could get some hardware cloth. Good luck.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My floors are in straight, it's the half-floors that you hook onto the sides that are being angled.

And I got it figured out - I called up my Grampa and am having him bring over the half-finished cages we had started at his place tomorrow - I'm just gonna scrap 'em and use the hardware cloth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts