Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, today we had a Pet Fair at our Civic Center, which is in Marin, Ca. North Star Rescue which is taking in several of the rats from the San Jose hoarding was there and I got to meet Lauren, SUCH a sweet Lady, I'm so proud of what she is doing with all of these rats. ANYWAY..

Sadly, no rats were adopted today, there is still tomorrow for her. A lady ALSO dropped off 8 hamsters for her to adopt out, which was like, OH NO, WHHYYY?? But she accepted.

AGAIN, ANNYYWAY.

I got to play with the two girls I signed up to foster. Runway and Ebony. Runway is a Black and white rat with a thick black line going down her spine and Ebony is a PEW with the brightest red eyes I have seen. She literally melted in my arms and bruxed and fell asleep as Lauren and I were talking about the San Jose situation.

Were going to give them another try at being adopted buy she doubted they would be adopted and some good one on one socialization would be great. I'm going to be picking them up tomorrow and will have pictures ASAP. These girls are beautiful and lovely, they deserve to have a home and I'm gonna help them achieve that.

Ebony does have a bad sight which she has threatened to bite some people, but has not drawn any blood, just some shelter shock, so I pray I don't get any bites.

Ebony is the PEW, and Runway is the black and white, you can see where she gets her name..

these two girls are actually VERY large, and god, I have never felt a softer rat. They are still kinda scared. Ebony squeaks sometimes. I haven't gotten to know Runway too well but they both really wanna wonder but when its time to get them they run from me. :[ I hope by the time they are ready or are gonna be adopted, they don't do that anymore.

they were also caged with a non-intact male and when I went to pick them up, he came to the door, she said he was a sweetie, well, he grabbed my finger and tried pulling me in. It didn't hurt, it did bleed a little, but he let go willingly and now I have two bruised red marks on my finger. :[ I feel dumb, I should have told him he bit me. He was turned in for biting the owner but he also had a half of a tail about to fall off, so I dont blame him for being impolite. XD

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Re: My foster Ladies

Good luck with the girlies! :)

·
Registered
443 Posts

That's great! Best of luck with your foster girls! They deserve a second chance.

You know, I had been planning to go as well, but couldn't make it. We very well may have seen eachother...small world, hu? :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Its really nice, if you walk around and the setup inside of the civic center is better this year then last years.

78 pets adopted today, hope they adopt even more tomorrow! Break their last years record of 150.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts