Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little lady is getting on the elderly side. She will be 3 at the end of October, and for the most part she seems to be doing just fine. I feel that i have given her the very best care I have been able to. She has had a mamory tumor removed, a toe (due to a tumor) removed, and her little bitty ovaries removed (Her mother passed due to ovarian tumors that were beyond repair and i didn't want that to happen to this one). She was born into my care a week after her mother came to live with me (silly pet store houseing males and females together with out being fixed).

So here's what going on. She is losing her balance, slowing down and seeming thinner than she was in the past. She does not have any noticible problems and is still eating, drinking, and cleaning. I know this is probably just because she is getting on in years...but i want to give her the best for the rest of her life.

What can i do to make sure the rest of her days are as wonderful as possible? what should i watch out for? any tips?

thank you!

JadeAmber and Mrs. Frisbee

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'd make her cage as easy to get around in as possible. Lower the levels if you can, hang hammocks so that if she falls, she'll have soft landings, make the ramps not so steep, etc.... I'm sure someone else will have more ideas. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts