Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with a pretty crazy household of 5 year old triplets I wanted a super safe and fun area for our new babies to be able to run around an play in. After doing lots of research I found this great "pen" on Amazon... I love it because it has the zip closure, is easy to fold to put away and is a really great size. We haven't had our girls super long so we have only let them explore in here a few times. I'm really looking forward to coming up with and finding new things to put in here for them!

Product Infant bed Baby Products Hand luggage Cradle Basket Play Bag Hand luggage Diaper bag Luggage and bags Net

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I love how the rats cant jump out of that. Cool!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
It is a very neat idea. I actually have the same one in pink.

Huge warning, your rats can chew right through it and very likely will.

Mine chewed a huge hole in it, while I was in the same room watching them. By the time it took me to just cross the room to stop them it was too late. The mesh is just super easy to chew through. Though they have also chewed a hole in the bottom.

It is probably ok temporarily for babies/very young rats. I patched up the hole and still use it for my babies as they almost never chew but under strict supervision. But when they get older it is like extremely likely they will chew a hole.

Sorry to rain on the parade lol :(

Some people have used cardboard craft posterboard type stuff taped together to make a high playpen that they can not escape. You can also check out martins rat cages that have a great covered playpen.
http://www.martinscages.com/products/cages/rat/

But I love the stuff you have in yours. It looks like fun and very awesome :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol it's all good!!! We are still so little they aren't much of chewers yet but I'm sure the day will come! I'll def make sure to keep an extra eye out! Thanks for the tip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts