Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to see if i can post some pictures of moody in this topic. how can i do this. i have seen other members post pictures of their ratties but it doesn't seem to work out for me. please help if possible.
thanks.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
you have to upload your pictures to a online host such as

photobucket
flickr
webshots

ummm... lots of places you can upload your pictures

Once you upload the to that host's server the will have a web address assigned to that picture & that URL is what you put in between the proper html tags of
at the end of the web address

Be sure to keep your photos smaller... no bigger than 600 X 600

flickr & webshots are two servers I use & they offer the feature of being able to resize your photos very easily

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Moody? I thought your rattie was Lola?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i changed her name, for the last time i hope. i am going to change my signature as soon as i can to moody.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
while your at it change yours to Manic

Just kidding... or not, maybe but I might change my mind later. Nope... I'm sure, just kidding!

Or not......... hehehe

(please accept this in the manner in which it was expressed, I'm just messin' with ya!)

or am I?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Is it me or has rattusnorvegicus also "stolen" a fellow forumer's avatar...?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I dunno... who's?

Anyway... I came back with the perfect name that rattus would never have to change & it would cover any & all future considerations

"Undecided"

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Emster said:
I'm not sure who's...I think they are a newbie and the picture is also bigger.

Or what about plain old "Rat"...?

*Feels mean*
I noticed it too - it's Pookie's. Although whether it was Pookie's in the first place or what not I don't know - just letting you know you're not going crazy lol

I have another suggestion for a rattie name for moody/lola - "Nameless". It's got a ring to it, c'mon o_O

And rattus. you promised not to change Lola's name again! You owe Moody a treat for that - (I've just confused myself)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ration1802 said:
Emster said:
I'm not sure who's...I think they are a newbie and the picture is also bigger.

Or what about plain old "Rat"...?

*Feels mean*
I noticed it too - it's Pookie's. Although whether it was Pookie's in the first place or what not I don't know - just letting you know you're not going crazy lol

I have another suggestion for a rattie name for moody/lola - "Nameless". It's got a ring to it, c'mon o_O

And rattus. you promised not to change Lola's name again! You owe Moody a treat for that - (I've just confused myself)
Your confused...Imagine how little Lola/Moody feels :p

You really do need to stick with one name rattus, your poor girl probably doesn't know whether she's coming or going.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Yup, that was/is/? Pookie's avatar pic

I found it funny because now that I thought about it I recall rattus saying they weren't changing their previous avatar just 2 days ago.

Yup, you need a new identity that reflects your manic personality... lol. How about rattusmanicos (rat maniac)this keeps with your your greek theme as well!!!

But back to the rats.. Mine all have individual names but I have two things I can do that will cause them to stop what they are doing immediately & seek me out... so I guess it is just as good as a name if not better.

They all run to me when I make kissy noises & they respond immediately to the sound of chicka-chicka-chicka when I shake the container I keep their treats mixture in.

When you have as many rats as some of us do you really can't get all the names out fast enough for them to be an effective tool.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i can change my avatar if you want. i didn't know about that it was, pookie's avatar. i took a very long time for me to figure out how to make one but i can quickly change it. i am going to try the chica-chica-chica idea i guess. i am definatly going with moody, though i am thinking i should name her anastasia, or maybe scooter. what do you guys think, id like to know your opinion.

·
Registered
981 Posts
In the future when you do post pics, I'd appreciate it if you would put them under "Meet My Rat." That's where pictures of your rat goes.

And if you need to know how to do it, a question like that would go under "Forum Help and Suggestions."

Forgive me if I'm pseudo-moderating too much.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
rattusnorvegicus said:
i can change my avatar if you want. i didn't know about that it was, pookie's avatar. i took a very long time for me to figure out how to make one but i can quickly change it. i am going to try the chica-chica-chica idea i guess. i am definatly going with moody, though i am thinking i should name her anastasia, or maybe scooter. what do you guys think, id like to know your opinion.
To be honest, it doesn't matter WHAT you call her, as long as you give her a name and stick with it.

It's all about identity - and this poor little girl has none :(

·
Registered
343 Posts
[align=center]rattusnorvegicus~ Why can't you just stick with one name? It's just a name afterall. It doesn't need to be perfect. But if you wan't to teach her to come to a name and respond to it then you need to stick with one.[/align]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have made my desision now, i will name her dot. she had six black dots on her back, as you will see in the picture when i get time to post them. i hope you like the name i chose, i sure do. how do i teach her how to come by me calling her name? any suggestions would be helpful please.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Aye carumba. Poor little dear. I had my girls names figured out weeks before I brought them home. o_O

Also rattus, think of it in this context: Imagine if everytime you turned around, your parents called you something else. You wouldn't have a clue who you were! It's the same with rats; in time, the have the ability to learn their names. So pick one, stick with it and spare Lola/Moody/Scooter/Anatasia/Dot the agony. After all, It's just a name.

Ahem. Your rattie by any other name would love you just as much!

Also, you may want to get on with changing your avatar. I may just be nuts, but I'm pretty sure Pooky made hers out of a picture of one of *her* rats. Then again, I could be crazy. @[email protected]

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh, and about teaching her her name...

Everytime you see her, incorporate her name someway. "Hi, Dot!" "Whose the best little rattie ever? Dot is!"

And when you give her treats, hold it at a distance and say something along the lines of "Come here, Dot!" or "Here, Dot!"

Eventually she will catch on that she must be Dot since you only seem to say it in context to her.

Hop I could help. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
miloandroxie~

whoah you did help me. i think i will try that now. thanks for your great ideas.

one comment you can ignore:
hope has an 'e' at the end. you forgot to put the e at the end of hope. no offence, just correcting your spelling error or typo. hehe.

i will teach her, her name by doing what you told me to do, or your suggestion. i think that is a wonderful idea! did you teach your rats their names by doing that plan with them?

i will definatly keep you guys updated and posted with the way dot is responding to her name and how she is going with your great idea, miloandroxie. i have an ear-infection and a high flu and fever, so i will be staying home for a week from school, so i will be responding to your posts to me more quicker since i could only do it after school when i am not sick. but sometimes, my mom might make me sit in bed and rest so those would be time i am not able to post during the day.

thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts