Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I had rats when I was younger but it's been a *cough* few years since then. My husband and I are now considering getting 2 rats, so here I am hoping to learn as much as possible.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might have found my ratties!

JulianBashir I love your name! He was my favorite character on DS9!

I'm using a lot of exclamation points tonight because I'm excited!!! I was feeling bad because I thought I was going to have to get my ratties from a pet store. I'm a huge critic of puppy mills, so you can imagine how I felt about that. But I can't find any ratteries closer than 4 hours of where I live. I might be willing to drive that far but I don't think I could talk the Mr. into it.

Well today he found an ad on craigslist. Someone not too far from us had an accidental litter and they are looking for new homes for the babies! They sound like they have been trying to do everything right for these pups. She put up pictures, they are hooded and have some colors that I have been dreaming of but not really thinking I'd be able to get outside of a rattery. They will be ready to go right about the time we get back from our vacation in a couple of weeks.

I sent her a message, so everyone please cross your fingers for me!

;D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Aurorapotter, but I haven't heard back from them. Looks like they all went to someone else. :( Oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm sure you'll find yourself some babies. Maybe there are still some left in the litter.
If you do end up getting rats from a pet store, I have heard that Dumbos tend to be healthier pet store rats since they are not bred as feeders. I'm not expert on this though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts