Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new rat mom and I have had my rats for almost two weeks now. One of them, the smaller and probably younger of the two, is always jumpy and hyper and if you go to see her she's alert, bouncy and fun. She always climbs all over the place and looks so curious. But yesterday she was kinda sleepier than usual and today i think she has done almost nothing but lie around. I've seen her move and poop, but she hasn't wanted to come outside the cage when usually she is always jumping right out of it. I don't know if all the excitement of being here is dying down and she's catching up on sleep? Maybe she's bummed because I've spent a lot of time with her skittish cage-mate on my shoulder trying to socialize her? She gets out every day for as long as possible and we tried to coax her out today, but she just wants to lay around and it's worrying me.

I already have an appointment with the vet for Wednesday. It was supposed to be our first checkup but now I'm worried that I may have more of a reason to go. :( Any advice as to what might be up with her?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She's starting to wake up and hop around now. :D I guess I was just being a worry wort, sorry. :) She'd never been quite so reluctant to get up before.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Nibbler gets like that some times. Normally he's hyper, but occasionally he'll just stay in the cage and sleep through their entire free range time. Every time I start to worry he perks up and turns back into his normal self.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to know it happens now and then. :) Both my girls looked great to the vet so I feel better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts