Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows this look for a cage idea

its very simple, and i hope easy to do. im gunna start to work on this as soon as i get some time, i think it should turn out well.

this version is a single, mine will be a double with two bins beside eachother, and wider to compensate of course. Dimentions should be approximately 28x24x30. give or take. a little smaller than what i have now by an inch or two, but it would be so much easier to clean, and operate a lot better as well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
levels? of course! it should be nice when its finished, i'll try to remember to take some in progress pictures

·
Registered
447 Posts
are you using metal or wood for the framing of the cage and the doors. How are u going to make the pan exactly how u need it? I have worked with alluminum before it flimsy but its a possibility. also u could just make a wood drawer coated with waterproof stain for the pull out litter box. hope i helped with my ideas -Josh

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually, i picked up two Sterilite plastic tote bins from walmart for use on the bottom. they will just sit in place and pull out, plus very easy for cleaning.

i like working with wood, so it will most likely be some sort of wooden frame, i just need to find some waterproof sort of paint or gloss to spray it with if its in a spot that might get messy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts