Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a rat mommy for a little over a year now. I had never before considered having rats as pets, bearing in mind that I have always considered myself a cat person and I have three cats which would probably end up eating the rats. But once I moved out of my parent's house and away from the cats, I quickly started to miss having animals around me. One of my roommates worked for PetSmart and was always coming home and telling me about the poor little ratties that were kept at the store. Eventually, she came to me to ask if I wanted to adopt two boys with her. They had reached 6 months and were getting too big for the store to hold on to. Being the animal lover that I am, and as lonely as I was, I gave in. We adopted the boys and named them Basil and Chubs. But even though we adopted them with the intention of them being "ours", they really just ended up being mine. I'm the one who takes care of them and cleans their cage and so on and so forth. But I don't mind! They grew on me in no time, and I now consider them my little babies. I never knew rats could make for such awesome companions, but they've proved their value to me. Such little guys, but jampacked with so much personality. They are downright awesome creatures. I plan to be a rat mommy for the rest of my life. :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of rats! Post pictures if you get the chance :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.