Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... Feeling very very emotional. It's my mom's first birthday since she passed away to cancer this year February. I took this pic of her in hospital, little did we know when we took her to the dr that 7 weeks to the day she'd be gone! Why I want to post this particular pic is because she was always happy for me when I shared my rat tales with her and used to say 'whatever makes you happy' it's not for me. This pic though instead of saying 'cheese' I told her to say 'RATTIEroos' and she did as I took the pic.

Love your moms you never know how much time you have left!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thinking of you too then Bloomington Bob! Someone told me once you never get over the loss of a parent, you just learn to live with it. I'm just now facing all the firsts... After today, her birthday, it's my first wedding anniversary 1 Nov. ( thank God she was still there to see me happily marry my best friend and soul mate) then 5 Nov my daughters birthday( she's brain damaged and my momma never missed a birthday ) ugh sorry I do go on...but it's already 1.30 am and I'm feeling emotional as well as tired, so,forgive me for rambling please.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gotchea, my dad passed away when I was 5. Never thought I'd lose both my parents to cancer am I repeating myself somewhere in threads or posts? Please forgive me if I am. It's now 2am. Can't sleep. Yes going to get that pink milkshake, I've also written my mom a letter which I want to read, if the tears will stay at bay. My hubby, myself his mom and sister and her hubby will be joining us. I got a vanilla scented candle and her favorite color ribbon to tie around it for the table. Does that sound stupid?

Is someone of 43 still an orphan when their parents are both gone?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Not stupid at all. I think a lot of people do candle lighting for ones we lose. It sounds like a good way to deal with the day. Candle on her birthday! That's good you have family support. As for the orphan thing, Idk I guess technically you could be adopted ;) but seriously, I assume you feel so lost! :(

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yep - I'm much older then that and sometimes I feel like an orphan. What's bene great is that my mom's best friend since kindergarten - and that was 1931 - has become close to me sinc emy mom's death - In fact, I'm on my way to Baltimore now, where I will stay with her for my vacation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts