Rat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I answered a free to good home oops litter listing, and arranged to get a brown baby girl! I got her, and I swear she is rex!

I have never seen one in person, can anyone verify this? Her fur is kinda woolly and her whiskers are crooked, I know those are indicators. The girl giving her away had no pictures and I guess not much knowledge of variations. Boy, was I surprised!

·
Registered
73 Posts
We have a PEW who's fur looks just like that, and we were told she was a rex. But, being new to all the variations myself, I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yay! I guess its a great lucky surprise for going the extra mile and adopting from an oops litter - all the emails back and fourth, stressing out when I didn't get a reply for a day or two here and there... hoping I wasn't in for a big let-down. Lotsa fun. Couldn't be much better for a mysterious few months old, brown self female. She has 2 sisters and 4 brothers still looking for their forever homes - free to good home. =^_^=

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Erm, any special treatment for rex coats?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hehe. No special treatment. Though I'll admit, I was a little confused when you said "brown rex". She looks black to me. Maybe I'm biased because my Whimsy with a rex coat is black.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Yep she's a typical black rex baby. Their coat always seems a bit duller than a standard but she is black. Not a good black but those aren't easy to find anyways.

Here is her cousin in Toronto :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya, she is black I realized lol. I call her "charcoal gray".
Her name is Kuma which means bear in Japanese.. I had a few ideas but my fiance suggested that name, he said she looks like a teddy bear, her fur feels like my real old teddy bear at least.

I also realized she has like stockings.. black goes down onto all her paws.
Cute cousin!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Rexes are so funny lookin' ...in a good way! :D
When one showed up at work all my coworkers were confused. They were wondering what was wrong with the rat's fur, and if I remember right one or two of them thought it had parasites. XD;;

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
The snake people I got Carina off of were worried that she was unhealthy because of her coat. :roll: They thought her whiskers had been singed in a fire before they got her. LOL

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanx everyone =^_^=

1 - 17 of 17 Posts