Rat Forum banner

My new cage :D

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  junior_j 
#1 ·
Well, I finally fell victim to the Ferret Nation craze that's sweeping the rattie world :oops:. I hadn't planned on getting this cage for close to another year, but it became available at a price I couldn't resist. I have NO regrets about buying it, it's a fabulous cage!

We'll start with my old cage, a Martins R-695

And the new cage :D...

It's really bare because I wasn't planning on getting it, so I had no shelf liners or large hammocks made. i've spent the last few days sewing like crazy, so I'll get some pictures after the next cage cleaning :wink:.

See less See more
#9 ·
Sorry to be a bother, but where do you get your fleace from? and how much do you normally spend on it?

One more question, in your original cage you have those hanging fleace boxes, do you make them? (if so how did you make them, sorry if that's a big quesiton haha) and if you bought it where did you buy it.

Btw, that's an amazing cage, you have very lucky ratties.

#10 ·
Not a bother at all ;). I get my fleece at local fabric stores, and keep my eye out for sales. Often times I can get a meter (a little more than a yard) for $4 CND. The shelf liners in the new cage I got at the dollar store of (you guessed it) $1 each.

The cubes? I made them, yes. All you need to do is cut out six squares of your outer material and six of the inner and sew the sides together. It sounds harder than it is, really.

#13 ·
The FN bar spacing is made specifically for ferrets, so yes, it is quite large. Male rats can't go in the cage until they're about 2-3 months old, while girls need to wait a couple months more than that. It's the only drawback to the Ferret Nation, honestly.

#16 ·
you should see her cage now if you think that is something. she's quite the industrious little hammock maker and she LOVES color...BRIGHT color.... :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.