Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My new cage next to my old cage xDDD

Dad building cage :)

my brother inside the cage lmao

cageee

my brother entering the cage bahah

So yah it still needs a door and levels and bedding (fleece? ) any suggestions? how many floors coould it use do you think? (only half floors)

AND SOME RAT PICS CAUSE I LOVE THEM

splinter falling over

peep investigating

klenex box

peep on top of the world. :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Re: My new cae! (unfinished, home made with pics =D )

they're gonna love it - it's huge!
i bet you could do 4 or 5 levels if you wanted

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

hmmm maybe i will do 4 floors but i want to be able to access and everything easily plus we don't have that much wire left (lol lostbutnotforgot my dad's amazing but we already made like three trips to home depot and he won't want to make more so however much i have left i'll use. :) )
thanks <3

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Just a thought, but would it be easier to build shelves out of a light, solid plastic? That way you could just wipe them down, instead of having to pull fabric off every time it's time to clean!

Otherwise... my my it's huge! Lucky rats!

I love that photo of them in the Kleenex box. It's like Peep is saying "what other rat? There's just me, so you better just give me ALL the attention and yogies."

·
Registered
418 Posts

Hm... If you're going to use the wire for shelves (unless you go for plastic as Captain suggested), put some laminate flooring on the shelves and then put fabric on over that. Then the hardware cloth won't start to stink from the urine. When you make the door, the bigger the better!!! As long as they can't get out of it, bigger doors are always better. Even if you make a really big door that's kind of hard to open that you could use only when cleaning/decorating, and then a smaller one for getting them out on a daily basis.

And I would suggest fleece for the bedding. Not only does it make it cute and colorful, but it's cheaper in the long run because you can just keep reusing it. Plus it's better on their lungs, which is always a plus!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

hmm thanks ok good ideas im not sure we will but good to know. :) the only problem im finding is getting fleece. anyone know where to get some?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

aand lmfao captain flow it's so truee Peep is so selfish lmfaoo when they drink water if Splinter is drinking Peep will shove her out of the way and hold Splinter's face away with her paw. xDD

·
Registered
527 Posts

whoa, that cage is sooo awesome!
i'm sure they're gonna love it. ;]
and your ratties are total cuties too..how old are they??

·
Registered
447 Posts

I would be sure to put a large sturdy door on the cage. u want to be able to have access to everything in the cage and u might want to add large items shelves, large toys, large boxes, etc

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

PrincessPeep said:
hmm thanks ok good ideas im not sure we will but good to know. :) the only problem im finding is getting fleece. anyone know where to get some?
i'm guessing that because you mentioned home depot that you are in the states somewhere, so you'll be able to get fleece by the bucketload at places like joanns, michaels, walmart, and any other sewing/fabric store.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

aw thanks <3 They're about three or four months old. We've had a lot of trouble with a good door so we're just going to buy a wire shelf and use it, it will come out on the sides and not look that great hah but it will work and be nice and safe and easy to use *and just a little more money*
Aw crapola I'm in Canada maybe they have some of that here *walmart :)
Thanks so much everyone, I'll be sure to post pics when it's done so far we have one level in.
:)

·
Registered
941 Posts

OMG! I remember when you joined and Your Rats have grown So much Since then. (I have not been on lately.)

Also, That cage is awesome. What are the dimensions?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

aww yah I know :) Haha same. Thanks <3 Um it's 38 inches tall, 32 long...and 18 wide. :)

·
Registered
447 Posts

You better post Pics of it finished and deocrated!!!! =)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

lol I will! It won't be done for another two weeks though sadly I will have no time to work on it. :(

·
Registered
447 Posts

lol ic whenever i start building a cage i dont stop its kinda like ocd...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts