Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update: New (old) pic at the bottom.

Well... We have been working hard to get our FN set up. since our girls are still small and we didn't realize how big the wires were til we got home with it (And made the poor petsmart guy spend like 30 minutes trying to get it down from the top shelf), we had to cover it with hardware cloth. My g/f and I absolutely love it. Here are some pics.

Close up of the eating area. The feeding bin still has remnents of the stupid label on it. My g/f is still trying to get it off. We also moved it so that it sits on top of the brick instead of behind.

As you can see, we covered everything with fleece ^_^. They love the blanket they can hide under :D. Lots of hiding places.

The sleeping/hiding area as well as the litter box.

Here is the full cage

The Top half:
2 Water bottles
1 Feeding bin thingy
2 wooden houses
2 tubes
1 hammock
1 litter box
1 perch
1 hanging toy
1 fleece braid

The Bottom Half:
2 litter boxes
1 Half-moon wooden log arch thingy
1 hammock
1 Large wheel
1 Igloo
1 Open hamsterball
1 Toy Bus
1 Terracotta pot filled with fleece scraps for digging (Though they seem to like to push them out)

There is one thing missing, my g/f and I want to do a grass digging box. We have a cat box that we are currently growing grass in. But it is taking a bit, so I don't have it in yet. I may post new pics after I get it done :)

Old cage pic.
I've had a few people ask what I had before my FN so here it is... Its homemade, jerryrigged, hacked, frankenstiened, and what my ratties called home for a few months

·
Registered
418 Posts
Re: My new FN cage with pics of our babies! (pic heavy)

Love it! I cannot wait until I get my FN! You did a really nice job decorating. I bet your girls love it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: My new FN cage with pics of our babies!

lostbutnotforgot said:
Love it! I cannot wait until I get my FN! You did a really nice job decorating. I bet your girls love it!
I'll admit that my g/f did most of the decorating. She loves doing that kind of stuff. You will love the FN. It is the best cage ever. Our girls seem to really enjoy all the stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts