Rat Forum banner

my new girls(pics)

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  rat_ratscal 
#1 ·
these are my new girlies skittles(black hooded) and rain(??patchy grey?? hooded) i got them from my uncle who breeds them as feeders for his many reptiles; on monday from all the way across the country(talk about a long scary journy for little rattys)they have a large cage that could easily fit 4-5 more rattys(but sadly im not allowed) they where born on july 8 and are still a bit skittish but im slowly gaining theyre trust! skittles is the alpha of the two sisters and the most energetic but is still kinda scared of me. rain is laid back and sweet and likes to lick my fingers and neck, she almost fully trust me but still freezez if i move quickly or accidentaly make a loud noise. im still a bit new to owning rattys so any tips or advice would be welcome :D

See less See more
#7 ·
sittles and rain thanks you all for the compliments. does anyone know what rain's color would be called? it's kinda hard to tell by the pic but she has a large lighter gray patch on the top of her head to just below her eyes and various other small patches of lighter and darker areas on her hood.

#8 ·
im NO expert, but I wonder if she could possibly be a blue hoodie? I cant tell from the pics, but I have 3 blue hoodie girls and how you describe rain sounds just like them.

Im so glad your sweeties didnt end up as food <shudder>

Love them lots and have fun!!!

#10 ·
i just noticed this morning that some of the hairs on rains hood and patch are tipped with a redish color. most of the color on her hood excluding some of the lighter or darker patches seems to be turning into a pinkey grey color. i guess i hadent noticed till now because she is always on the move :wink:

#11 ·
i did some research and i found out that skittles is a black and white missmarked bareback and rain is a dove(or cinnamin dove because of the red tips) missmarked bareback

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.