Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my cage today and omg I am so so so in love with it. So easy to put together and its a nice size and I love all the ramps and shelves alot. I think I love it alot more then I did the CN I used to have.

My Khaleesi has never been in such a big cage. At the store she was in a tank and I had her in a small one story cage
So this is a big change for her. As soon as I put her in she just looked back at me like idk what to do lol. She seems to love the fleece
And it took her a while to figure out how to go up and down the ramps confidently. Poor thing. She has such a good home now though so yay.

It is kindof sparse I am going to make some more hammocks and get some baskets.

*She isnt fat she is preggers btw lol

·
Registered
835 Posts
When I first put Blaze in the big cage he was absolutely confused on what to do. He'd just stay on one level and look down/up (I'd move him around in hopes he'd get the idea) eventually I just left him be and he got use to the cage and ramps.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Congrats! My girls were in a Petco Rat Manor and a guinea pig cage until I got my Martins. Mine is 2 ferret towers so its 3 of your cages lol. The first time I put them in it they had NO idea what to do and then were running all over the place just because they had room to do so! Big cages are the best :)

I have such a hard time coming up with stuff to put in mine but the dollar store is a great source of ideas.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Shakespeare was the same way with the ferret nation cage. It was like he was looking for the trick of why he was in all this space. He has now mastered the ramps in the feisty ferret cage we switched him to.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is a great cage! I love the look :) My boys would love that... I wish I could get them a huge cage :)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is the 690. It isn't very wide but I didn't have a ton of space so it works. I think most people get the 695 because it is wider.

She keeps laying on every floor like she is testing to see which she prefers lol

Doesn't it feel great to give them a bigger home?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well this will be the first cage I get actually! I'll be a first time momma come next month thanks to the adoption forum on this website! I've been researching like a mad woman so I can give them the best I can afford. I live in an on campus apartment & I wanted to put the cage on a table so martins seemed like the best option. Especially since I can easily wash in the tub. Thanks for the response!! I may end up getting that one instead now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hah, this reminds me of my three new girls that I rescued on Monday. They are very confused about hammocks... they had never seen one before and they sort of sit in it for a second then jump onto the side of the cage and climb away. Iris fell out of it the first time she tried to get out, and they all still prefer to stay in their hiding box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts