Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i clean her ear and its has alot of redness and brown green stuff in her ear. i think she has a ear infection, but my problem is that i dont have money to go to the vet. what do you think i can get in a pet shop that can help her.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Perhaps some hydrogen peroxide/saline on a cotton swab to disinfect it? You can get both in most drugstores.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Sadly there is nothing you can get OTC to help. You can clean out the gunk but thats like wiping up blood on a cut...doesn't do anything much really.

She needs abs desperately. Inner ear infections are nasty and can be fatal if not treated. Does she have a head tilt yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no she her head doesnt go one the side but she sakes her her head back and forth and scarth her hear. i clean it 3 ties a day but there allways stuff.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Like lilspaz said.. ear infections can very easily move into the brain and cause a horrible, painful death.

She needs to be on antibiotics, that is the only way she is going to get better!

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you don't have the money you can try some shelters, sometimes they'll give you a deal when they know you can't afford it. But really, you're only talking about like 50-70$ for a vet trip, which isn't all that much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts