Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time rat owner, I had 2 girl rats. One passed away about a month ago. The remaining rat is more dominant and seemed to have taken this in her stride. There was no noticeable change in behaviours and she has continued to groom herself, eat, move about her cage and be handled quite happily. I asked advice and was told given her age and the fact she seems fine it would be best not to try and introduce new rats.

My rats picked their sleeping spot in the back bottom corner of the cage when they first arrived and it has stayed the same ever since. Then this morning I noticed that my rat had moved all her bedding across the cage to a spot right under her water bottle. Should I be concerned at this sudden change? Is it a sign that she is unwell or lonely or am I just overreacting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to make her be alone, just not to force other rats on her if she's happy as she is. If she's lonely then absolutely I will get her some company. If that's going to cause her more stress then I will continue with just her for the time being. I do want to continue owning rats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts