Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Coffee, Bagel, Piper, Sprout, Sonya, And 2 new rats coming soon!
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5 rats. 2 sisters, Coffee and Bagle, are both turning 2 in a month. Coffee stoped loving free roam. She climbs a bit and just hangs out in the dig box. She is much more skinny too. All our rats usually die a bit before they turn two. Her sister was a squirmy wormy ball of energy, and though she slowed down a bit, she still is quite active. Coffie is slow. She has a black coat, but now she has white hairs. She has the weakest immune system, and has respiratory, dandruff, etc a lot. Every time I shake the food can with rat food, and she doesn't come running, I feel my heart JOLT with fear. When do you think she will pass? I love her so much! I wish she didn't have to go so soon...

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear she is feeling her age. It's the hardest part of owning a pet, the eventual passing that is so sad for us. I really don't know how to tell when they are getting to that stage. I'm sure someone else will have information and of course, heartfelt sympathy

·
Registered
Freddy, Alfredo, Juniper, Figgy, Dobby
694 Posts
I am so so sorry. Give her lots of love, and food, and kisses. You do not know how long she will live so treat every moment you have with her with extra love.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I’m experiencing a similar thing with my oldest girl, Bee (back to wheezy breathing, getting skinny, a lot less energy... she’s just over 2 so this sadly isn’t a surprise), so I understand your concern. There’s no way to know when they’re going to go, just spend time with them, give them treats, and try your best to keep her comfortable. 😕

1 - 4 of 4 Posts