Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Yea my rat (cheese) is def. prego. She is HUGE and I think she is due tonite. But cheese is all white with red eyes and the father (Stewie) is black with a white belly. Anyone wanna take a guess on what color they will be??!!?? But im making a bet with my familly and friends to see what color they think they will be. I just want to know what everyone else thinks. And btw I got stewie at the pet store and his brother was black with white spots all over. I also got cheese at the pet store and her sister was all white with red eyes just like her. So please just drop a reply cuz i would just like to know what eveyone thinks. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Re: MY RAT IS PREGO AND DUE TONITE!! What color will they be

Black. All of them.

Probably with white stomachs.

·
Registered
941 Posts

Forensic said:
Black. All of them.

Probably with white stomachs.
Maybe not. I doubt it. They will turn out a mixture of both.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

I was told i'd have all black babies with my Penny and Ostrich (another forum) but I ended up with a wide variety of colors!!!

·
Registered
941 Posts

MopyDream44 said:
I was told i'd have all black babies with my Penny and Ostrich (another forum) but I ended up with a wide variety of colors!!!
Like I said, I doubt they’ll be all black with white bellys. It will be a mixture.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

thanks guys! everyone please keep quessing! I'll keep you guys updated on the coloring of them when they're born!...pics too..

·
Registered
181 Posts

With just that known information, they are all likel to be black genetically. Their phenotype might be REW or PEW, but you're still likely to end up with a lot of black.

If they share common genetics for other colors, you could end up with some beige, black, and white babies. It just kind of depends on their genetics. It's hard to tell when you don't know the genetic history of the parents.

I hope the babies are ok and don't inherit anything bad....

·
Registered
10,640 Posts

Possibilities are PEW's, black berks, black and beige hooded. This is what you normally find in that type of cross.

You didn't deliberatey breed your girl did you?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

Matt said:
MopyDream44 said:
Like I said, I doubt they’ll be all black with white bellys. It will be a mixture.
It really depends what they're carrying, Matt.

Since we know no genetics, we can only guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts