Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a female brown-colored rat (it has white ankles) that needs a home. I am going to college in August and my parents don't want to keep her. She is slightly over a year old and is very curious and friendly. I raised her with another rat since she was a baby (that rat was older and has since passed) so she is not as loving (a.k.a licks people) as rats can be, but she still gravitates towards people and wants attention. I am contacting rescues and forums because I want her to go to a good, loving home. My last resort will be the city animal shelter (my city's is no-kill), but I know she will not be adopted or played with there.

I will give you the cage and everything (her bottle broke so I gave her a water dish instead). She is extremely healthy and she's got a lot of muscle. She has never hurt, injured or attacked another rat, but she plays very rough and always needs to show her dominance.

I live in the Southern California area (Ontario, about 40 or so minutes east of L.A and 25 minutes east of Pasadena) and if you are interested, please contact me with a private message or reply in this thread or email me (the address is in my profile)

...By the way I looked up the forum rules and didn't see this type of post mentioned anywhere, so I'm sorry if this is not allowed.

·
Registered
194 Posts
hi, there is a re-homing sticky in the RAT HOMES section...that might get a bit more traffic there. i live in england sadly so can't help with your rats. i think maybe the shelter is a good idea, as she will be put with other rats, and girls generally need a partner to play with. also, someone can adopt her from there.

good luck with rehoming her x

·
Registered
194 Posts
sorry i see from what you wrote that the animals are not rehomed at the shelter? could you take her to a known pet store that could adopt her until someone wants her? my local pet store guy takes many a waif and stray!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I wouldn't suggest giveing her to the pet store. Who know who would adopt her then and many will give them up as snake food O: So yeah I would check the rat forums, post some pictures of your girl, and check rat rescues in your area. I know there are many in California but I don't know how far from you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Poppyseed said:
I wouldn't suggest giveing her to the pet store. Who know who would adopt her then and many will give them up as snake food O:
you are right there, i am too naive! i just think of my local one, i guess it can be very different in other parts of the world!!!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts