Rat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my face near hers to see what would happen and she put her hands on my nose and went towards my eyes and I was scared she might scratch them so I took her away from my face. She was also sniffing my lips. Does she just smell food on my face ?

·
Registered
444 Posts
No part of your face is your own once you own a rat. Mine love to stuff their noses in my ears and they usually take me by surprise!!! They also like to pull down my lips and clean inside my mouth...it's super weird but I know they're bonding with me at the same time! Rats are fascinated with eyes and eyelashes as well but I usually move them away from eyes because if I wear mascara they try and pull it off...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
My boys do the exact same thing when I wear mascara. They are usually super gentle with the face and other delicate areas but make up happens to be their sworn enemy so they try their best to remove it!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Oh so I'm not the only one that has to wipe off her makeup before I give kisses and cuddles? Lol :p

I admit I jumped the first time I had a little rat snout shoved into my ear!

·
Registered
955 Posts
The first time my rat grabbed my nose, his little needle claws caught the sensitive skin on my inner nostril. Ouch! Eye watering!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
My boys do the exact same thing when I wear mascara. They are usually super gentle with the face and other delicate areas but make up happens to be their sworn enemy so they try their best to remove it!
Rascal does the same. He licks my neck, face and grooms my eye lashes. His very gentle. But I do take him away from my eye lashes if I have mascara on. It's too cute. I love his kisses!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ugh, my rats are usually super gentle with my face but I can't let them near my eyes as BOTH of the little buggers bite my eyelids! I don't think they bite very hard but eyelids are quite sensitive so it really hurts!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Tiny little mischief makers! The first time Klaus grabbed my eyelashes and started tugging mascara off I did not even realize it because he was being so soft. Couple of seconds later I just heard his little mouth chewing something sticky sounding and I looked over at my shoulder and he is sitting there, eyelash in hand, eating mascara goop. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
601 Posts
LOL yeah, makeup and nail polish. Jax cannot stand either and despite my attempts to move him away, if I even get near him he's right back to cleaning my face or trying to chew off my nail polish.

August likes to groom my face and it's actually the cutest thing ever. He's so gentle about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put my face near hers to see what would happen and she put her hands on my nose and went towards my eyes and I was scared she might scratch them so I took her away from my face. She was also sniffing my lips. Does she just smell food on my face ?

Rascal does the same. He licks my neck, face and grooms
Rascal does the same. He licks my neck, face and grooms my eye lashes. His very gentle. But I do take him away from my eye lashes if I have mascara on. It's too cute. I love his kisses!
I struggle with chronic anxiety as well as depression. Whenever I have an episode and start crying my boy, Ghost, comes running, hops in my lap, and sniffs my face ( mainly my eyes) and starts licking my face. I think this is his way of asking if im okay and trying to make me feel better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Font be surprised if your rat is sending you may be ill or something going on inside of you. They are very very intelligent as we know. That's why they are always used in labs. Probably just investigating you. But very wicked sense of smell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts