Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i just got my first rats and this is one of many questions. I have a 3 story cage and they only hang out in the first. They have gone up but they never went down so i had too take them down cause they needed food. They did this a couple times more and after that they just stopped going up. So how do i make them go up and go down to eat and that stuff?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well you can do it at least once to teach them and once they realize they can go down they'll probably start going down themselves. If they're still not confident to go down the ramps you add levels or hammocks that they might go down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well you can do it at least once to teach them and once they realize they can go down they'll probably start going down themselves. If they're still not confident to go down the ramps you add levels or hammocks that they might go down.
Great idea! Thank you for the reply and for answering so fast! Appriciate it❤ Will update and say how it goes😁

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'd leave them alone. Rats are smart and they know how to go up and down. They're staying where they want to stay at the present time because that's where they want to be. I wouldn't put another thought to it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd leave them alone. Rats are smart and they know how to go up and down. They're staying where they want to stay at the present time because that's where they want to be. I wouldn't put another thought to it.
But they never go down for food and water so i always have to take them down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts