Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I've had my rats for around a month and a half now, and I have managed to get a few half focused pictures of them in this time :^D

Here they are!

ImageUploadedByPG Free1413432655.308090.jpg

They are both hooded males, as you can see! They are pretty much polar opposites.

WINK:

ImageUploadedByPG Free1413432775.249750.jpg

Wink is the smaller, leaner rat. He is super active and loves to steal his brother's food. He's pretty food motivated in general, but he constantly grooms me and occasionally I even get a snuggle >:^D

GILLIGAN:

ImageUploadedByPG Free1413432990.089201.jpg
(sorry it's blurry!)

Gilligan is very cuddly and sweet. He is also pretty submissive now and then. He picks the most obvious places to stash his food for some reason, (wink plunders these 24/7) and doesn't seem to realize that he is the bigger rat most of the time. He is so much more cuddly than his brother!! He loves to curl up in my shirt and take a little nap.

I was originally very excited to get grey and white or cream rats, but I could NOT leave these two behind. Hooded rats are actually my least favorite! However they have of course turned out to be great companions regardless, and great first rats!

TL;DR, I have two very sweet (and smelly) males who have been a great first rat experience.

Thanks for reading! <3

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ahhh such cuties! I have a hooded male as well, when I got him I didn't realise how unpopular they were, he just had such a sweet face I couldn't say no. I think all rats are cute :) that first picture is so adorable!

·
Registered
158 Posts
So cute! I have a blue variegated male and his brother is a black Berkshire. I agree with Adeliek that all rats are cute! Good luck with your rattie boys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts