Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I got my first rat, my sister and I were living together. She was not pleased about the idea of vermin sharing our home, but after much discussion (begging and pleading) she agreed to a bargain: I could get a rat, but she got to name it. I found a beautiful, intelligent, incredibly social girl. To my surprise, the charming, adorable little creature acquired the name Eris, after the Greek goddess of destruction. I told my sister that seemed a like a harsh name for such a sweet creature. And then she shared her theory with me.Apparently, all cute things are evil. And the cuter something is, the darker it's nature must be. Therefore, the newly named Eris is deeply evil and probably plotting dire plots. When I questioned this logic, she expounded upon her theory. Evidently, rats have a generations-long plot to integrate themselves into every human household. They tried getting in as vermin and when they met with resistance, they developed their skills at cuteness. After all, it had worked for cats, which we all know are evil. And so, they became cute to pass themselves off as the perfect pets so that when the eventual revolution comes we will all be taken completely unaware.Anyway, that was very long, but I thought some of you might get a giggle out of it. If you can imagine, my sister has a very precise and logical tone of voice in which she can make absolutely anything sound reasonable. She found out she could reduce me to helpless giggles by coming up with new twists on the evilness of rats theory :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had Eris, Babsidi (means lethal), Shaitan, Mab, Loki, Nemesis, and Khan. Also Sir Issac, which is a pun; Sir Issac Neutered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts