Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you all know pet rats are illegal in iceland.but i want to tell you how it's making me feel.

first of all i started loving rats when i saw homealone 3 when ''alex'' had the pet rat name'd doris(if you saw the movie you know what i'm talking about).

than i have had LOTS of rodents in my past but my goal is to have pet rats!

but they are illegal in iceland.and that touches me personally.

i go to the this forum everyday and i look at your pictures of your rats and cages....that makes me cry.

BUT there is a chance that me and other people can get pet rats legalize'd.so wish us good luck.

·
Registered
638 Posts
GOOD LUCK!

The shame of it is that there are so many rats who would love to have a great home with you!!!

If there's anything we can do to help, like sign a petition or anything, please post about it, OK?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Good luck! I hope you manage it. :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm so sorry D: That must be horrible. I hope they can legalise them, they really aren't wild they are purely domestic. If left outside they would definately NOT be able to survive, just like a small domestic dog. They don't know how to kill, they eat lab blocks!

They definately wouldn't ruin your population. It's the difference between a wolf and a dog. I'm surprised Iceland doesn't have the wild version of our loveable ratties as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good luck :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts