Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently owned by a sweet little boy rat (who I saved from a savage feeding tank) named Remy. He is really shy, but I got a couple of pics yesterday. Sorry they are kinda bad, but he refused to hold still.

Maybe it could be hard, but any guesses on age??

·
Registered
500 Posts
How cute! Has anyone else noticed that some of the most beautiful colors of rats come from feeder tanks? It's sad...glad you saved him. ;) Anyways, not sure, but he looks like 5-6 weeks. I say this because he looks a lot like my recent litter did at that age. But people who breed for feeders often wean too soon and it's possible that he hasn't gotten proper nutrition up till now, so you never know...but that would be my guess. He's quite young, anyways, so he'll likely be easier to tame. Good luck!

·
Registered
421 Posts
i have def. noticed it....last year i searched high and low for my sons rat. I called everywhere! The other night I was out buying some stuff for the girls and I went to 3 different pet stores. Everyone of them was filled with moms and babies, hairless, dumbos. It was the first time I saw hairless babies ever in a pet store. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the ratatouille movie?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Wouldn't doubt it...that always happens they out movies about pets (the Dalmation craze)...people see a cute pet in a movie then get one, without thinking about the care/time that goes into it. So that could very well be the case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to agree. When I saw the movie the first thing I said to my boyfriend was...oh no! The pet store is going to be selling rats left and right.
The saddest thing I hear though is someone say "ewww mommy! That thing is gross! I want a hamster instead."
So so sad.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i asked the pet stores around here if they sold any more rats then normal after the ratatouille movie, they said there was no change. maybe rats are still too different, or at least that seems to be the case in my area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts