Rat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, some of you may remember my several messages of curiosity of getting males. Well a friend of mine and her sister have started up a new rat rescue and have taken in two preggo mother who have had their babies. 21 all together. I told them I was interested in getting two ratties, and she mentioned that before the adoptions, all males were going to be neutered. THIS IS GOOD! I can now get two males and I believe my ladies would be so happy! 8)

I have more then enough room, the babies wont be available till 5 weeks but they have pictures up and I cant make my mind. My mom said wait until they have pictures of them being older but I know how fast rat babies can go, so I want to make my mind up ASAP.

LINK TO BABY PICTURES

There are the babies, and man oh man I cant make up my mind!

I really like Boy R, but what does an adult agouti headed rat look like? And I like the dark brown rats, but whats that color look like or is called?

I also like Boy E because of his markings, but I already have two black and white rats. I kinda want some diversity.
And Boy B. He is so cute.

What do you people think? Who should I adopt?
I want to get two. :twisted:

·
Registered
532 Posts
where are they located? i'd love to get a spayed female if they aren't too far away!

·
Registered
489 Posts
When is she nuetering them? And keeep in mind, boys need to wait 2 weeks after nueter before bein with intact girls.

But thats great shes doin a rat rescue!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlueSkyy said:
where are they located? i'd love to get a spayed female if they aren't too far away!
Marin, Bay area California.

I don't know if they are going to be spaying the females.

chrisstrikeagain,
I believe she is going to neuter them once they hit maturity, I'm not too sure, I just know before they are adopted, and thank you for the two week notice, I had forgotten that.

Ill have to pull out my coast cage again. :]

I don't want any babies now. :?

·
Registered
418 Posts
O my gosh, really?! I would be very interested in adopting some (though I'm not sure about the drive)! How much is she charging for adoption? Is she only adopting out in pairs? Are some of them dumbo?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lostbutnotforgot said:
O my gosh, really?! I would be very interested in adopting some (though I'm not sure about the drive)! How much is she charging for adoption? Is she only adopting out in pairs? Are some of them dumbo?
Nope, no dumbos or any special genetics here. Just your comment rat.
And the charge is 25/pair, which helps with neutering the males and supporting the other rats they take in. You would really have to talk to her about the pairs thing, I may even only get one male and see if she has any other rats along the way for adoption. :D

But any ideas of who to get you guys?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I like boys R and K... but also.. the last picture that is called Bella's 8.. is that a blazed baby I see????? I say get that one for sure if its a boy!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts