Rat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I will post pictures every time the rescue updates them.

This is him at one week. He may resemble my rat Alice, but he may be a darker tan then her and more of it.

This is him at two weeks and maybe a little more.

31 days old, I really can't tell what color he is, is he tan or white, or white mixed with tan or tan hooded with a stripe or what. I wish I had more pictures but they is rather busy and I don't wanna ask her for more pictures.

He looks soo cute. I wish they stayed that small forever, but then people would want more of them and the circle of rat life would be drastically changed and science wouldn't allow it. and yes. I think he is gonna be a food begger.. I hope he gets big and squishy. My first male. :D And because the rescue neuters, he can live happily with my ladies. I hope.

He also needs a name.
My ladies are.

Alice
Maggie
Pepper

Pepper is kinda dragging the line with food names, I like real names, nothing food like. :|

Maybe Duke? Butch? Or Gus? Maybe not Gus.. Hmmm.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: My to be boy who is unnamed. :D

awww he is so cute i wish mine where that small again. i think duke would be a good name or carlos but thats just me :wink:

·
Registered
517 Posts

Omg that is so freeking cute!!!! :lol:
Hmmmm names? im kinda stuck. it will come to you, hes such an adorable little guy! Maybe -Scout- He looks like a scout to me.
Hes so cute! :D

·
Registered
216 Posts

He looks to soft for Butch. What about Earl..as in the-duke-of.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Aw, he's so tiny and small and adorable! I feel like he needs a long name that he can grow into. Following along the lines of Scout, reminds me of the name Atticus.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Atticus is a great name!
It kinda makes him be like a king, a roman king!

Hahaha, he needs a ruler name because he will be the king of females!

·
Registered
532 Posts

you could name him Leo since he is kinda sandy-lion colored and he will be the king of all the females (like a lion is the king of his lionesses)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Have you read To Kill A Mockingbird? Fabulous book, it's one of my favs. And Atticus is the father of the main characters, and he has a really awesome part in the story, too.

Plus I used to have finches, I named the mother Scout and the baby Jem (the dad was already named Romeo... by someone else), I was always sad I didn't get to finish the series off!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

31 days old, I really can't tell what color he is, is he tan or white, or white mixed with tan or tan hooded with a stripe or what. I wish I had more pictures but they is rather busy and I don't wanna ask her for more pictures.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Once he is neutered.
And then he can only WATCH them for a week.
I'm really taking into this, they can still breed at least a week after being neutered thing seriously.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i know it needs to be AT LEAST 2 weeks but often 3 is suggested because some people have been caught even after 2 when they have very manly males. so to play it safe 3 weeks is the recommended time before introducing with females. this is the information i got from my vet when neutering my boys. however, you may want to look it up some as well for verification. ratguide probably has an article or two on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts