Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to take him this morning to the Vet and he passed. I am so upset right now, my poor Tootie. Last night I seperated him and Gunther. I cleaned Gunthers cage extremely well. Gunther is alone now. He is getting a whole lot of extra attention. I hope he stays well. I still don't know what caused Tootie to fall ill. I'm heartbroken. :(

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Will you have them do a necropsy (a rattie autopsy?) Perhaps then you could figure out a cause. It sounded almost like it may have been a brain tumor or something similar. :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to bury him in our back yard. He has suffered so much. I feel awful right now. :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how bad it can be. When I lost my Nibblers it felt like it was my fault. She died of pnemonia. I couldn't sleep, I lost my apetite. It was rough.

Its good that you are spending lots of time with your other rat, Gunther.
hey may still need a cage mate though. Give it a little bit of time so that you can cope. Its rough to have to just go out and replace your baby but you have to think of Gunther too.

I'm sure the other members will have lots of suggestions too, and I hope you know you have our support.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know how that one feels.
My poor B died from a tumor on her leg that eventually made her unable to walk to her food bowl. :[

They die so suddenly sometimes,
I'm sorry for your loss. :(((

1 - 10 of 10 Posts