Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought my rats from a locally owned pet store too but so far so great! The only problem were they weren't socialized very well but they're making progress!

I don't think it's a bad thing to get them from a pet store, if you're like me, I live in a small town with no rat breeders or shelters close. So I got them from my pet store and saved them from being eaten. :)

Anyways I hope you find this forum helpful, it's helped me a lot :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first rat is Juice, I adopted her from a lab. They'd only let me take one though, so her sisters had to stay at the lab :(
I got my second rat Chibs this week from Petco.
The difference is Juice has been completely healthy and Chibs is sneezy and has loose poops that get everywhere :/

·
Registered
14 Posts
I adopted my first pair of rats back in 2006 from a rodent rescue. Their names were Ella and Bella and they were hairless. Then a few months later I rescued an Albino and Himi pair they were going to be snake food. Their names were Scully and Reyes. I have been rat-less for at least five years now. Yesterday I rescued three males from a woman who could no longer keep them because her child was allergic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts